So I spent some time this week test new lenses. On top of that, I wanted to nail down my film/developer for shooting at 1600 ASA. The lenses were the Nikkor 180 f/2.8, Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D macro and Sigma Art 50mm f/1.4. The film was Kentmere 400.
I finally ended up settling on Xtol 1:1 for my developer with the Kentmere at 1600 ASA. I will go with Xtol stock for 400 and 800.
Here are a few samples from the two short rolls I shot. The next process will be working with the K400 to work out a pulled process combo.
I’m quite pleased with the results I got from developing this roll in XOTL 1:1 and plan on using this dilution for all of my rolls shot at 1600. For those rolls shot at 400 and 800, I have found that using the stock solution to be just fine.
If you have shot this film and have a different way of developing it I’d love to hear of your experience.